• No results found

Box Hill Precinct

N/A
N/A
Protected

Academic year: 2023

Share "Box Hill Precinct "

Copied!
63
0
0

Loading.... (view fulltext now)

Full text

The open space, roadworks and drainage to be provided will help to meet the needs of the incoming population and workforce of Box Hill Precinct. The additional net population estimated to occur as a result of the development of this area is 42,483 persons (excluding an estimated population of 934 persons in the CP area at the commencement of the plan). It is estimated that the development of this area will also provide approx. 17,789 jobs.

It is expected that the expenses will be pro rata in accordance with the development process as outlined in the table below. In accordance with the requirements of the Minister for Planning (27 June 2017), development for the purpose of schools within the Box Hill Precinct will only be required to make a contribution to land and capital water management.

S ECTION 7.11 P RINCIPLES

W HAT IS THE N AME OF THIS P LAN

A REA TO WHICH THIS PLAN APPLIES

W HAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS D EVELOPMENT C ONTRIBUTIONS P LAN ?

A PPLICATION OF THE P LAN

C OMMENCEMENT OF THIS P LAN

R ELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER PLANS AND POLICIES

P OLICIES AND P ROCEDURES ON THE L EVYING AND P AYMENT OF C ONTRIBUTIONS

M ETHOD OF P AYMENT

The Council will generally not accept the dedication of land (identified for public purposes under this plan) to offset the required financial contribution. Instead, the developer will be required to pay the full contribution regarding land acquisition. The value of land can then be negotiated separately between the applicant and the council, and a value formally agreed before payment.

An appropriate condition may be included in any consent applicable to land identified for public purposes to ensure that the land is transferred to the Council.

P LANNING A GREEMENTS

W HEN MUST C ONTRIBUTIONS BE PAID ?

D EFERRED OR P ERIODIC P AYMENT

Box Hill Precinct S7.11 Contribution Plan Page 13 consent is required if proposed phase of development is not reflected in the original consent. For development that is at a stage, Section 7.11 contributions must be paid at the rate applicable at the time of subdivision or construction certificate, for at least the number of additional lots/dwellings for which subdivision or construction certificate exemption is requested. For each phase, the calculation of the number of plots/dwellings for which contributions are payable will count any remaining lot as a single lot.

This method ensures that contributions are paid for the total number of additional lots created from the original lot(s). In the example, 40 lots are created from 1 existing lot, and contributions are paid for 39 additional lots.

C ONSTRUCTION C ERTIFICATES AND THE OBLIGATIONS OF ACCREDITED CERTIFIERS

C OMPLYING DEVELOPMENT AND THE OBLIGATIONS OF ACCREDITED CERTIFIERS

C REDIT AND O FFSETS FOR W ORKS I N K IND

C REDIT FOR EXISTING DEVELOPMENT

S AVINGS AND TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS

P OOLING OF CONTRIBUTIONS

E XEMPTIONS

C ALCULATION OF C ONTRIBUTIONS

Administrative costs will be indexed at 2.5%, which represents the midpoint of the Reserve Bank of Australia's inflation target of 2-3% averaged over the cycle. Earnings are indexed at 2.5%, which represents the midpoint of the Reserve Bank of Australia's inflation target of 2-3% averaged over the cycle. A cash flow projection will be prepared using the above elements over the term of the Contributions Plan.

The contribution rate per person (for residential development) is determined on the basis that the NPV (Net Cash Flow) at the discount rate over the total life of the plan is neutral. The contribution rate per square meters (for commercial construction) is determined on the basis that the NPV (Net Cash Flow) at the discount rate over the total life of the plan is neutral.

R EVIEW AND M ONITORING O F P LAN

C ONTRIBUTIONS R EGISTER

W HEN DID THIS PLAN COME INTO FORCE ?

R ESIDENTIAL D EVELOPMENT N EXUS

C OMMERCIAL C ENTRES - D EVELOPMENT N EXUS

Box Hill Precinct S7.11 Contribution Plan Page 20 Approximately 5,000 m2 of retail space is available in each of the village centres. This method then converts the spending of residents and employees in the trading area into the demand for retail floor space (square meters) by dividing the target retail sales by the store type. The demand for retail floor space is derived by applying the turnover rate of industry benchmarks to the expenditure recorded in Box Hill.

Based on the maximum permitted floor area ratio, building height, development patterns in other Council industrial and/or business areas and the model developed by Hill PDA to forecast the demand for working land in the district, Table 3 shows the land area, estimated floor area and resulting job forecast for Box Hill development. The estimate is based on a development period of 25 years assuming that Box Hill is fully developed within that time.

TABLE 2: FORECAST RETAIL FLOORSPACE DEMAND IN BOX HILL TO 2031
TABLE 2: FORECAST RETAIL FLOORSPACE DEMAND IN BOX HILL TO 2031

R ATIONALE FOR N EW F ACILITIES AND S ERVICES

O PEN S PACE F ACILITIES

The total area of ​​public open space to be provided through this Contribution Plan for the projected population of 42,483 people is 62.6 hectares (excluding water management areas. While this is below the standard of 2.83 hectares of open space per 1000 residents, as defined by the Growth Centers Development Code and recommended by the Urbis Study, the total amount of land available for recreation is considered to be adequate. The various categories of open space to be provided by this plan may grouped as playgrounds or local parks.

The function of these open space categories and a brief description of the proposed facilities are described below. The Recreation Strategy adopted by Council (2019) has assessed the projected increased population within the Box Hill area and compared this demand with the planned supply of playing fields. A total of ten local parks will be provided within the Box Hill area based on the criteria of local open space within 500m of residents (excluding those residents within 500m of a playing field or linear open space).

The total area of ​​local parks identified to meet the demand for local open space created by the future residents of the Box Hill Area is 12.16 ha. To support this outcome, the Area Plan identifies the proposed character and amenity of local open space (including linear open space) with provision for 28 playgrounds based on analysis of participation and scale of provision consistent with existing suburbs within the Hills Shire. . The need to provide the open space identified in this part of the plan has been created by the residential development of the Box Hill Area.

It is therefore appropriate that residential development within the Box Hill Area should be subject to the full cost of providing these open space facilities. A plan of the open space to be established under this plan is included in Table 8 – Schedule of Works. The method used to calculate the contribution rate for open space capital works and open space land acquisition is presented in section 2.20.

T RANSPORT F ACILITIES

The strategic traffic model identifies that The Water Lane, Mason Road and Terry Road will require widening to two lanes in each direction to accommodate traffic growth from Box Hill within the next ten to twenty years. Bridge connection from Edwards Road to Stringer Road over Caddies Creek (see Section 3.5.5 below for details of division between the Box Hill Industrial and Residential Precincts and North Kellyville Precinct). The majority of cycle routes within the Box Hill area will be provided by developers as required by the DCP, but the Contribution Plan provides for cycle paths and crossings where they adjoin land reserved for a public purpose.

An important objective in the development of the Box Hill Area is to reduce dependence on cars by providing an efficient public transport system and pedestrian network. The future public transport network in the Box Hill area will operate on the planned sub-arterial corridor of Water Lane, Mason Road and Terry Road. The need to provide the traffic facilities identified in this part of the plan is created by the residential and non-residential development within the Box Hill Area.

It is therefore appropriate that all development within the Box Hill Precinct is subject to the full cost of providing these traffic facilities. The result of this approach is that approx. 60% of the cost of providing traffic facilities is allocated to residential development in the Box Hill Precinct, while the remaining 40% is allocated to non-residential development. The bridge connection to North Kellyville Precinct will support improved access to Box Hill Industrial (weight restricted) and Box Hill Residential Precinct.

The longer-term watershed is based on the residential populations of North Kellyville and Box Hill Precincts. 13 (in 2019) and this plan, the share of the land and capital costs of the northern bridge connecting to the North Kellyville Precinct via Edwards Road to be charged on development within Box Hill is 67%. This route will support future development within the Annangrove Road Light Industrial Area and the Box Hill Precinct.

W ATER C YCLE M ANAGEMENT

Box Hill Precinct consists of two large catchments known as the Killarney Chain-of- Ponds and Second Ponds Creek catchments. NSW OEH, in consultation with the Department of Planning and the Growth Centers Commission ('GCC'), has set water quality targets for the North West Growth Centre, including Box Hill. Based on this approach, the treatment areas specified for each catchment are detailed in the Box Hill Precinct DCP.

Water quality and flow mitigation measures to be provided by Council in the Box Hill area will take the form of rain gardens, detention basins and culvert crossings. The water quality facilities are required to address the water quality and quantity targets contained in the Development Code for Growth Centers as determined by the then Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH). Box Hill Precinct S7.11 Contributions Plan Page 33 The cost works within the Killarney Chain of Ponds Catchment and Second Ponds Creek Catchment have been defined separately.

The costs of providing water management facilities within each catchment are allocated between residential and non-residential development. Within the Killarney Chain of Ponds catchment, 88% of the buildable land is zoned for residential purposes, while the remaining 12% of the buildable land is zoned for non-residential purposes. As a result, 88% of the cost of water management facilities in the Killarney Chain of Ponds catchment is allocated to residential development within the catchment, with the remaining 12% allocated to non-residential development.

Within the Second Ponds Creek Catchment, 42% of the developable land is zoned for residential purposes, while the remaining 58% of the developable land is zoned for non-residential purposes. As a result, 42% of the cost of water management facilities in the Second Ponds Creek catchment is allocated to residential development within the catchment, while the remaining 58% is allocated to non-residential development. A schedule of water management facilities to be charged under this plan is included in Table 8 - Schedule of Work.

TABLE 6: PERFORMANCE TARGETS AS SPECIFIED BY THE OFFICE OF  ENVIRONMENT AND HERITAGE
TABLE 6: PERFORMANCE TARGETS AS SPECIFIED BY THE OFFICE OF ENVIRONMENT AND HERITAGE

P LAN A DMINISTRATION

W ORKS S CHEDULE

Contribution rate increased by CPI per fiscal year (see section 2.20) Facility Category Total cost (PV) Rate. Contribution rate increased by CPI per fiscal year - (Ref: Para. 2.20) Facility Category Total cost (PV) Rate.

Figure

Table  1  sets  out  the  average  occupancy  rates  for  the  different  types  of  residential  development based on historical analysis of the six similar development areas in The Hills  as at the 2011 Census
TABLE 2: FORECAST RETAIL FLOORSPACE DEMAND IN BOX HILL TO 2031
TABLE 3: ESTIMATED EMPLOYMENT CALCULATIONS
TABLE 4: URBIS RECOMMENDED LEVEL OF PROVISION
+2

References

Related documents

Page 4 RECOMMENDATION That the Council resolves to: 1 Consent to the proposal by the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage to excise a portion of Reserve 29037 being a seven 7

References Code of Conduct Public Interest Disclosures Policy previously known as Protected Disclosures Policy Councils Statement of Business Ethics Local Government Act, 1993